- The only One Who divided the history into BC and AD, which no historian can ever deny.
- The only One Who was born of a virgin through the Holy Spirit, which no medical science can ever explain.
- The only One Who taught: “Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you” (Luke 6: 27, 28).
- The One Who touched and healed the ‘untouchable’ leper, opened the eyes of the blind, made the lame walk and the deaf hear, and raised the dead, and preached the good news to the poor (Matthew 11: 5).
- The One who walked on water, turned water into wine, fed five thousand with five loaves and two fish, calmed the storms in the sea with the Word of His mouth, cast out demons from people with a Word and healed all kinds of diseases (Matthew 4: 23; 8: 16).
- The One who washed His disciples’ feet, forgave the prostitutes and the worst of sinners, stood the side of the poor, the helpless, the hopeless, the worthless and the weak, and lashed out against the hollow, hypocritical religious leaders of the day which exploited people and made money in the name of God.
- The only One who said: “Which one of you convicts me of sin?” (John 8: 46).
- The only One who said: “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me” (John 14:6).
- The only One name given under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved (Acts 4: 12).
- The only One name above every name, at which every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (Philippians 2: 9- 11).
- The only One who died for your and my sins and rose again from the dead and is alive forever to hear and answer our prayers, unlike all great men in the history who were born, did great things, died one day and are no more.
- The only One who has promised that He will come back one of these days to reward His disciples and to judge the world.
Monday, March 7, 2016
Who is Jesus Christ?
In one single sentence, the answer to the question above is: Jesus Christ is the Almighty God who incarnated as a Man on this earth more than 2000 years ago. He is the only true incarnation or embodiment of God. He is the omnipotent (all-powerful) and omniscient (all-knowing) God who created this entire universe with His Word. He is the One Who created you and me. Jesus, and Jesus alone, is worthy to be worshipped because He is the only true God.
What is unique about Jesus, you might ask?
Jesus Cares For You…
Have you often wondered why the people around you many a time do not understand you as you want them to? Nobody seems to really care for our problems or worries… Yes, even our own family members, sometimes…after all, everyone has one’s own limitations.... Is there then anyone in this whole universe who can perfectly understand us, who can truly sense the unspoken yearnings and longings of our heart? ....
Yes, there is… That is none other than the God Who created you and me. Lord Jesus Christ says to YOU: "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30).
Are you weary and tired of your life? Are you heavily burdened with all kinds of worries and guilt? Then it's YOU that the Lord is calling... Come to Him... Jesus says: “the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out” (John 6: 37).
Yes, draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you (James 4: 8). He's waiting for you... He says: “Behold, I stand at the door (of your heart) and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine (have fellowship) with him, and he with Me” (Rev 3:20).
"Is there anyone who really cares for me?" you'd ask.
Lord Jesus answers you: “Cast all your burdens unto Me for I care for you" (1Peter 5: 7).
He says: “Can a woman forget her nursing child and have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, but I will not forget you. Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands...” (Isaiah 49: 15,16).
"Behold, I extend peace to you like a river ... and you will be nursed, you will be carried on the hip and fondled on the knees. As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you...” (Isaiah 66:12,13).
“How can I give you up? My heart is turned over within Me. All My compassions are kindled” (Hosea 11:8).
“I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness” (Jeremiah 31: 3).
“He who touches you, touches the apple of My eye” (Zechariah 2: 8).
“…you are precious and honoured in My sight, and I love you…” (Isaiah 43:4).
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you” (John 14: 18).
“For I know the plans that I have for you, plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope” (Jeremiah 29: 11).
Just tell the beloved Lord whatever your problems are… He is there to listen to your every word with utmost attention throughout.
Jesus says: “If you confess your sins, I am faithful and righteous to forgive you your sins and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness” (1John 1:9).
"Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool” (Isaiah 1: 18).
"For I will be merciful to your iniquities, and I will remember your sins no more" (Hebrews 8: 12).
“I will cast all your sins into the depths of the sea” (Micah 7: 18, 19).
“I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.
Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances” (Ezekiel 36: 25- 27).
“You are altogether beautiful...there is no blemish in you” (Song of Songs 4: 7).
"I rejoice over you with shouts of joy, as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride” (Zephaniah 3: 17; Isaiah 62: 5).
“I will make ALL things (including your failures) to work together for your good, to make you more like Me” (Romans 8: 28, 29).
“Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Surely I will help you. Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41: 10).
“You can do ALL things through Me Who strengthens you” (Philippians 4: 13).
“And I will supply ALL your needs according to My riches in glory” (Philippians 4: 19).
You might ask: “If Jesus is so powerful, yet loving, can He help me NOW practically?”
Of course, He can. This Jesus is calling YOU too… His eyes full of love and compassion are even now gazing at you… All you need to do is respond to His love in simple, childlike faith. That is, just like a little child runs to his father or mother, you can come to the Lord Jesus in faith, and give yourself to Him completely.
If you believe that this Lord Jesus alone is able to take away all your sins, burdens and emptiness, then you can open your heart and say this prayer right now to Jesus:
“My loving Lord Jesus, I am a wretched sinner. I deserve the punishment of hell only. But I thank You for taking MY punishment and dying for MY sins, and rising from the dead to give ME eternal life! I want to turn away from ALL my sins. I am really sorry for grieving Your loving heart. Cleanse my sins with Your blood that was shed on the Cross. I surrender my whole life to You. Please come into my heart right now. Fill me, Jesus, with Your love, joy and peace! Thank You for answering my prayer.”
Yes, continue speaking to the Lord everything you want to tell Him. This is what is called true prayer! It is just a heartfelt conversation with Jesus! And you can sense Him speaking to your heart as you meditate the Word of God, the Bible daily. Nurture this love relationship by spending quality time with Him all alone, and obeying Him daily, thereby bringing delight to His heart.
Forgive everyone, and ask forgiveness from all you have hurt. Give back what you have wrongfully taken. Pay back your debts as soon as you can. And you will have a crystal clear conscience before God. Ask the Lord to fill you again and again everyday with His love, joy and peace through the Holy Spirit. Then you can also overcome temptations with the mighty power of the Holy Spirit.
Even if you fall into any sin, run to Jesus immediately. He will also run to embrace you into His loving arms. He will again cleanse you from your sins. He can gradually lead you to a higher life where you do not fall into any sin. Seek for fellowship with other like-minded people who will really encourage you to love and obey the Lord Jesus all the more fervently. Be bold enough to tell about the Lord Jesus to others because they also need the joy and peace that you experience.
Yes, let us live for Jesus with our hearts filled with His love, leaving behind all discouragement and emptiness forever! Please feel free to write to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any further help. May the Lord bless you richly!